The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)’s Non-Tariff Barriers online reporting, monitoring and eliminating mechanism is a facility developed to enhance trade through removal of non-tariff barriers to trade (NTBs).
At https://tradebarriers.africa , you can report any obstacle encountered when trading goods across intra-African borders, for example excessive delays, ad hoc fees at the border, cumbersome document requirements, restrictive product standards and regulations etc.
The online mechanism is open to all African business sectors: small, medium and large companies, informal traders, women and youth business operators.
Watch a quick introduction video about the mechanism: https://tradebarriers.africa/about
HOW TO REPORT TRADE BARRIERS
- Go to https://tradebarriers.africa and choose your language
- Click on Login/Register → Register → fill in your details and submit
- In your Email: Receive a confirmation email → click on the activation link in that email!
- Go back to https://tradebarriers.africa → Login/Register → enter your username/email and password → Login
- Click on “Report an NTB online” → fill the form and provide as much detail as possible → Submit your complaint!
After you report a non-tariff barrier, the concerned government authorities will follow-up to resolve your problem. NTBs Coordination Unit in the AfCFTA Secretariat and NTB Units in your Regional Economic Community (REC), as well as NTB National Focal Points (NFPs) in your countries will support the process.